How to send emergency communications in one hour
With many businesses having to limit or cancel their services, crisis communications play an important role in assuring customers of a company’s ability to cope with the situation.
Written by Sravani Gade on
Emergency communications have become essential amid the COVID-19 pandemic. With many services interrupted, customers are facing significant challenges in communicating with businesses. A pragmatic approach to proactively communicate with customers quickly and with minimal effort is imperative.
With many businesses having to limit or cancel their services, crisis communications play an important role in assuring customers of a company’s ability to cope with the situation. A recent article from Harvard Business Review explains best practices for “communicating through the coronavirus crisis” that help both customers and employees:
- Communicate early and often - let your customers know how you are dealing with the pandemic and that you are acting in their best interest.
- Focus on what is important to the customer - acknowledge the situation and provide helpful support by pre-empting your customers’ needs. Transparency and timeliness are key.
- Be empathetic - identify opportunities to provide relief to your customers during the crisis. This will not only help in the here and now but also define how your customers remember you.
To help enterprises implement crisis communications quickly and easily, our experts at imimobile, Sandra Schroeter and Dan Garner, explain how you can leverage our technology and services in a recent webinar:
- Broadcast alerts - send one-way alerts and notifications via SMS, email, or digital messaging channels to communicate new policies and support as well as changes in opening times, schedules, appointments, or working hours.
- Interactive alerts with quick replies - engage with your customers by establishing two-way communications to allow for capturing responses for surveys or any type of interactive task, for example rescheduling an appointment or confirming availability.
- AI chatbots and agent chat - leverage automation through AI-powered chatbots to become your first-line of response for high-volume customer enquries and route more complex enquries to your human agents.
These types of communication can be applied across any industry. imimobile’s cloud communications platform allows you to implement many use cases quickly and, with minimal or no effort. The platform can also integrate with your existing technology stack including your CRM system or a customer database depending on your requirements.
Our software gives you the flexibility to choose the appropriate channel, import customer data, and capture customer responses to allow you to build communications and end-to-end customer journeys faster.
Proactive messaging as part of an emergency communications campaign is essential for all industries during the current situation. A bank can inform customers of its new branch opening hours or direct customers to services available online, while a retail company can send order-related communications assuring customers of its ability to deliver. The process of sending proactive alerts through broadcast messages is simple and quick. You can also personalize communications by leveraging customer profile data or scheduling messages to be delivered at a convenient time.
Interactive alerts with quick replies
With the ongoing movement restrictions in many countries, interacting with customers regarding scheduled services such as deliveries or consultation appointments, is crucial. Two-way communications over interactive channels such as SMS or digital messaging channels like Facebook Messenger or Apple Business Chat engage customers easily and can save your business a lot of effort and cost. Responses can either be handled by the system or directed to an AI chatbot or human agent.
AI chatbots and agent chat
Gartner suggest that customer concerns during a crisis significantly raise contact center call volumes1. Leveraging self-service as a first-line of response over messaging channels helps customers resolve their enquires in a more efficient and convenient way, without having to wait to speak to an agent. This also reduces the pressure on agents who will be able to focus on handling more complex requests. Our cloud contact center allows you to automate customer journeys by leveraging AI chatbots to handle high-volume FAQs.
If needed, interactions can be transferred to a human contact center agent seamlessly. The agent desktop provides a comprehensive view of all active customer interactions and context to handle each enquiry efficiently.
Our team of experts is well equipped to work with you on a solution that suits your business requirements and send initial crisis communications in an hour. This includes one-way alerts and two-way interactions, while self-service options can be made available within a few days.
Contact us to learn how we can support your business through effective crisis communications.