New imiconnect features - 10DLC, MMS, and more
Written by Sudarshan Dharmapuri on
Our new imiconnect product release (5.6) is now live and we're excited to announce several new features and enhancements to make your platform experience richer and more secure. In this blog post, we'll give a preview of the key features and how you can benefit from them.
In the past, business messaging traffic in the US was sent over the carriers’ P2P networks using long codes, which meant lower throughput and usage restrictions. With the introduction of 10DLC A2P messaging, carriers in the US have rolled out a verified method of sending A2P traffic. A 10DLC long code is a phone number with the same length as standard mobile or landline numbers (typically a 10-digit number in many countries). Effective July 1st, 2021, only registered 10DLC numbers are authorized for A2P messaging in the US for SMS or MMS.
In this release, we have introduced the ability to buy numbers by filtering on the area code or location and selecting from a list of available numbers. You can also place a request to register an existing number for 10DLC A2P messaging.
In the 10DLC campaign registration process defined by the US operators, ‘brand ID’ and ‘campaign ID’ constructs have been introduced which are administered via The Campaign Registry (TCR). The brand and campaigns need to be registered with TCR before sending any transactional or promotional messages. Our operations team can help you with this one-time setup.
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) allows businesses to communicate with customers using not only text but also images, audio, and video. With the ability to send multimedia messages, MMS can include rich, interactive messages, and increase engagement.
We now support the MMS channel for two-way messaging over shortcodes, long codes, and toll-free numbers in the US and Canada. Additionally, like other native channels, you can also:
- View and manage MMS enabled numbers
- Analyze MMS traffic summary across various reports and dashboards
- Track MMS delivery reports using outbound webhooks
- Troubleshoot MMS message delivery using the debug console
- Export inbound and outbound MMS logs
Digital wallets are rapidly growing
in popularity with global adoption rates expected to rise to 60-75%
by 2025. But mobile wallets can be leveraged for much more than just payments. They
can be used across service, support, and marketing for different types of
interactions ranging from tickets, memberships, loyalty cards, and more.
Mobile Wallet is now integrated into imiconnect. Businesses can create passes such as coupons, loyalty & membership cards, tickets, boarding passes, and more, that work on Android and iOS. Wallet offers a new channel of engagement without the friction of installing a new app.
Using the Mobile Wallet add-on, you can use a low-code approach to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of wallet passes. Some of the key capabilities include:
- Create templates using visual configurations to add pass information and customize the look and feel with various branding elements.
- Generate passes from templates and send them as a link to customers via any of the channels available on imiconnect. Customers can then download and add them to their Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
- Personalize passes, prompt engagement with notifications, and location-based reminders.
- Dynamically update wallet pass information and images, enforce expiration dates, and modify offers in real-time.
Richer reports and insights
We are also introducing a new set of interactive reports and insights to help data analysts and operations teams analyze customer interactions better. Some of the key capabilities include:
- Rich data visualizations
- Drill-through reports
- Cross-highlighting and filtering between report visuals
- Customizable views
- Export report pages as PDFs
- Export summarized data from individual visuals into CSV, XLS file formats
- Forms can now be embedded into live chat on web and in-app messaging. These forms can collect information from customers that can be used to determine the right contact treatment.
- Message templates can now be locked to prevent users from inadvertently deleting or making any updates to templates that might be used in live services.
- Support for the newly released Azure voices and languages for voice text-to-speech (TTS). With this update, we now support more than 250 voices and 70 languages.
We can't wait for you to try these amazing new features and share your feedback.