This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) regulates your use of the IMIconnect services. The IMIconnect services are subject to the terms and conditions of the IMIconnect agreement (Agreement) words defined in the Agreement have the same meaning in this AUP. By using IMIconnect you agree to comply with this AUP.
Compliance with Channels’ acceptable use policies
You are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the acceptable use policies issued by Channels from time to time and ensuring that you comply with each of them. In particular but without limitation you must ensure that you do not exceed any Message limits which are imposed by any Channel.
If you fail to comply with a Channel’s acceptable use policy IMI may be required to suspend or remove your access to that Channel.
Compliance with applicable laws
You must comply with the relevant laws that apply to your use of the Services.
You must not:
use the Service to download, possess or transmit in any way, material that is illegal
- send, publish, distribute, circulate or otherwise propagate any material that may be deemed to be false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable
- send any Messages that are harmful to children
- send, with an intention of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety a message that you know to be false, or to cause such a message to be sent or to persistently make use of IMIconnect for that or any similar purpose
- send any Messages which constitute unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, or any other forms of solicitation
- gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computer systems for any purpose
- send Messages in breach of any advertising codes of conduct
- send Messages with the objective of harvesting information from third parties without their consent
- send any Messages which disrupt the proper operation and functioning of any Channel, the Services or which intentionally or unintentionally constitute a denial of service attack
- send Messages which disrupt or alter the operation of or impair any machine or device upon which those Messages are received or displayed
- send Messages which prevent, restrict or otherwise hinder the operation of any program, application or operating system on any machine or device upon which those Messages are received or displayed
- send Messages which remove or alter or restrict access to any data on any machines or devices upon which those Messages are received or displayed
- not infringe the rights of others, including privacy and intellectual property rights
Suspension of Services
IMI may suspend the Services or access to a Channel where:
- IMI is obliged or advised to comply with an order, instruction, directive or request of a governmental or other relevant state authority or Channel
- IMI becomes aware of any breach of terms of the Agreement, this AUP or any misuse of the Services
IMI may be obliged under applicable laws to disclose information to law enforcement agencies, governments and other public bodies that are legally entitled to obtain such information. IMI must also comply with court orders to disclose information.
Where IMI believes that there have been serious instances of abuse of its Services (including without limitation where there may be a risk of harm to any person) it may also notify the police or relevant law enforcement agency.
IMI does not routinely monitor the use of the IMI Services or the content of Messages and the transmission of any Message by IMI does not constitute a confirmation that the Message complies with this AUP or the Agreement.
Changes to the AUP
IMI may change this AUP from time to by posting updates of this AUP its website. Your continued use of the Service will constitute your acceptance of the revised AUP.